siRNA Technology Platform
Quark is a late clinical stage pharmaceutical company focusing on innovative therapeutics based on the RNAi mechanism. Our technology platform and staff expertise allow us to integrate in house the whole process of drug development starting from concept inception, clinical indication and drug target selection, drug discovery, proof-of-concept in animal disease models, generation of IND package and clinical trials.
Our integrated discovery and development approach is based on, innovative technology for generation of chemically modified siRNA compounds and their delivery to desired organs. These are particularly well-suited to exploit the potential of siRNA for therapeutic applications, overcoming the challenges of early generation RNAi-based therapeutics.
siRNA Compound Structure
We have established expertise in generating highly active and specific siRNAs compounds with improved and desirable pharmaceutical properties and with freedom to operate in the siRNA intellectual property space.
The structures and chemical modifications of our new generation drug candidates are based on proprietary know-how protected by Quark intellectual property. Proprietary features of Quark’s siRNAs support:
- More efficient and specific siRNA guide strand loading into RISC
- Reduced or eliminated seed-mediated off-target effects
- Abolishment of passenger strand loading into RISC
- Improved protection against exo- and endonucleases
- Reduced or eliminated immunostimulatory effects
- Improved productive cellular uptake in the absence of transfection reagents
- Prolonged tissue retention
- Broadening of siRNA sequence pool, free from third party intellectual property coverage
Quark continuously improves proprietary siRNA compound structures and formulations (lipid, polymer and antibody based) to facilitate their tissue retention, cell penetration, and improve RNAi activity within the target cells. As part of Quark’s programs, our products are delivered systemically or topically to a host of tissues/organs of the body, including:
- Back of the eye
- Inner ear
- Hair follicles
- Spinal Cord
- Bone marrow
- Lungs and lung tumors
- Cancer cells