Quark Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Location: Fremont, CA
Job title: Sr. Project Manager
Reports to: : VP Program and Alliance Management
Quark Pharmaceuticals is looking for an experienced drug development professional with a minimum of 6 years prior Project Management Experience to support Quark’s growing drug development pipeline. This position is based in Fremont CA and will report directly to the VP Program & Project Management.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
With minimal guidance provide strategic project and process management skills to cross-functional teams by ensuring excellent communication, clear direction of objectives, milestones and timelines with a focus on budget and resources.
- Work with the project teams / cross functional areas to develop integrated project plans (options development, risks management, opportunities identification, and timing) that reflect the approved balance of scope, time, and resources.
- Maintain/update integrated development plans for multiple projects, including weekly updates to VP PPM and Sr. Management.
- Manage Cross functional Project Team Calendar (scheduling standing and ad-hoc meetings)
- Develop and maintain Program Team Agenda’s, Minutes, Action Items.
- Manage highly-functioning teams proactively identify, manage, and quickly resolve issues and problems.
- Implement tracking and reporting process to monitor product development status including analyses of timelines, resources and budgeting information that facilitate scenario planning, contingency planning, risk assessment, decision-making, and problem-solving.
- Manage clear and effective communication with key internal/external stakeholders to ensure initiative alignment, follow-through and execution.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and organization.
- Collaborate closely with each functional area to ensure projects are optimally staffed and are moving effectively towards their milestones.
- Inform VP PPM of operational, budgetary or resource issues/obstacles in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the execution of high quality project management to ensure the achievement of clinical development goals consistent with the product development objectives.
- Ensure high quality team performance by working with the VP PPM to provide problem solving and decision making guidance to teams.
- Contribute to the implementation of new project management processes and policies to advance growth and development of the PM function.
- Will be responsible for managing one or more highly complex and/or high profile project teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech Industry with 6+ years direct drug development project management.
- Demonstrated project management skills in delegating, influencing and in managing budgets, resources, and priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving), able to handle complex analyses.
- Extensive knowledge of overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical/biotech organizations.
- The candidate must have an understanding of the pharmaceutical/medical products culture and the special requirements of completing projects within a regulated environment.
- Passionate, positive attitude with proven ability to motivate others to perform their best.
- PC literacy required: MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook or similar calendar system, SharePoint and Webex (or other similar systems).
- Must have strong MS Project experience in building program timelines from scratch using good scheduling practices. Some experience with MS Project Report development desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively drive to achievement of objectives
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment.
- Experience leading successful strategic initiatives in a growing matrixed organization.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in life/health sciences
- Minimum requirement: Undergraduate Degree in Life Science Discipline
Company will not pay for relocation. Candidates must be available to interview in Fremont, CA.
Quark offers a competitive salary and benefits package including: paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, health and dental insurance, 401K plan, employer paid short and long term disability, flexible spending plan, and life insurance.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.